WiMAX Technology from CLEAR
CLEAR uses the latest WiMAX technology so you can surf faster at home and on-the go. So what exactly is WiMAX? It’s a network powered by cellular technology that turns entire cities into wireless hotspots. Imagine walking out the door with your laptop and being able to access high-speed internet wherever you go.
Faster internet means faster expansion. The WiMAX network is growing every day, delivering the latest 4G technology to homes and businesses across the nation.
How does WiMAX work?
The CLEAR USB modem connects your laptop to the WiMAX network. The modem is pocket-sized, so it’s easy to take with you wherever you go. And there are even WiMAX-ready laptops, equipped with CLEAR internet technology.
LTE vs. WiMAX
When it comes to mobile internet, two services stand out — WiMAX and LTE (long-term evolution). Both deliver DSL speeds on the go, but WiMAX has been around longer and is available from CLEAR in more than 75 U.S. markets.
- Investors: CLEAR, Sprint, Comcast and Time Warner have invested in or utilize WiMAX technology.
- Service rollout: Available in major U.S. markets including Las Vegas, Chicago and Washington D.C., WiMAX coverage now spans the entire nation.
- Network Security: WiMAX runs on an extremely secure network and uses a licensed 2.5 GHz frequency and OFDM transmission protocol.
LTE (Long-Term Evolution)
- Investors: Both AT&T and Verizon have invested in LTE technology
- Service rollout: LTE had a later launch than WiMAX and currently offers commercial services in 25-30 U.S. markets.^
- Network Security: LTE’s network is also secure and is backed by the use of UICC Subscriber Identity Model (SIM).